1. Motivation. One of the main reasons people benefit from a personal trainer is that they lose motivation training by themselves. A good certified personal trainer provides structure and accountability, and help you develop a lifestyle that encourages health.
2. Individualized programs. If you have any chronic health conditions, injuries or training goals (e.g running a marathon or training up for a bodybuilding competition) a trainer will work with you and your health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that considers these needs and enable you to reach your health goal(s) with optimal results.
3. Efficiency. Trainers help you focus on results and stop wasting your time doing inefficient workouts. A personal trainer has a structured plan and will help you maximize results.
4. Improve technical skills. If you play a particular sport, the right trainer will help you improve your skill by showing you new training techniques specific to your sport. The Trainer will incorporate skills training, into your workouts so you improve not only your strength and endurance, but your agility and mental focus as well.
5. You are new to exercise. If you are new to training or resistance training I strongly recommend hiring a trainer. There's a lot to grasp, starting out yourself.
6. Break through plateaus. Okay, you are already in pretty decent shape, but you've been stuck there for years. Or If you are stuck in the same routine and want to break out of that plateau, a personal trainer is the perfect solution. Finding out why you're not progressing looking into technique, posture issues and/or reps/sets/load.
7. Learn how to train on your own. If you ultimately want to learn how to design your own routines so you don't need to use a personal trainer, going for a few months may be all you need. All good trainers will teach you the basics of building and modifying a fitness program to achieve maximum results.
8. Workout Safely. A PT checks your form, improves you technique and can provide objective feedback about your limits and strengths. Most of us tend to ignore some of the subtle signals our body provides. We either push through pain or give up too soon. Because a personal trainer can watch what you are doing while you are doing it, they can help push you or slow you down as necessary.
9. Lose Weight. There is a good reason that the majority of people hire personal trainers to lose weight and get into shape.. - With little to none education on nutrition most people don't really know what to eat to see the results they are looking for. There's tons of different diets and the industry is saturated with poor information. A good PT should help you look into your current diet and make some changes, and/or guide you to an easy structure of you learning more about food and tracking calories to see the results you need!